Revs !!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Revs !!!

i have a problem with my 156 1.8 ts when driving if i dip my clutch the revs go up and down between 500 and 1500 this only happens when the car is moving (also happens if i come out of gear and coast) if the car is stationary it does not happen. Also it seems to affect the heater as the revs rise so does the noise from the heater and as they lower the heater noise reduces. Anyone got any suggestions.

Many thanks
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member

Sorry but what do you mean by "coast" (sorry language problem, I cannot imagine you menaing the beach stuff here )

I think at least one thing to try is to reset the adaptive values in your ECU by disconnecting the battery for some minutes.
AO Member
Like Ivo have said, try disconnecting the battery to reset the adaptive values in your ECU.
Some time ago I have a problem at low revs, and then Iíve disconnected the battery all night long.
In the other day Iíve connected the battery and waited +- 15min for the ECU assumes new values then I went to the highway and drive all gears until the redline.
That works for me, now I donít have any problems going up with the revs.
by coast i mean pressing the clutch down an letting the car roll.
AO Member
The ECU is anticipating you putting the power back on. Most modern cars I've driven do this. It's also part of the anti-stall devices in most ECUs.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT