Gday! - New 147 tomorrow - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 06-11-02 Thread Starter
AO Member
Gday! - New 147 tomorrow

Hi all,
Ive just found this forum, and get my 147 tomorrow. Im just a little bit excited!!!!!

No doubt this forum is full of excelent info on my new love, and i'll no doubt have a bunch of questions....( a great way to kill time..especially in a new job! )

Ive ordered a Red 147 5door 2.0 manual, with 16inch wheels, black leather and sunroof.. just in time for the aussie summer....

Just thought of the first question:
Do all the 147's have the cable for the CD stacker fed to the boot? or does this need to be run if i chose to get one.... also anyone know what brand the sterio is? ( unfortunately its not the Bose system....)

Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: -
Good question about the cable.
The sales fellow who was trying to sell me a 147 manual (here in Melbourne) claimed that the head unit is the same on both selespeed and manual and that the stacker unit is a Bose unit for both these cars. He also was claiming that the speakers were the same.
Supposedly the only difference is the amp in the boot. But maybe this is also a subwoofer?
AO Gold Member
Welcome here!

About the changer, there's been quite a lot of posting on this topic. I do no mean this bad, but please use the very helpfull search function: you will find ou you can buy Blaupunkt or Sony (+MP3 ) stackers to fit your needs
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 1561
County: -

Member car:

busso powered

Welcome and enjoy this very important day. If you want to have your 147 in the "Your Alfa" section of my site, take some pictures, mail them to me ( and I will upload them for you.

(Post Link) post #5 of 6 Old 08-11-02 Thread Starter
AO Member

What a fan-f***in-tastic car!!!!

Im gonna need another licence as the police will soon be revoking this one....
The handling of this car is something awsome... i cant wait until the running in period is over so i can really find the limit ( well as close as i dare...)

Anyone know when the next track day in Sydney is? or where i can find out...i guess i can ask the dealer, but hey....if someone here knows???

Selespeed - ill take some pics this weekend and send them to you.....

Anyone in Australia had theirs lowered? if so where did you get it done... the dealer said they send it away so i figure id prefer to make appointment and take it there myself....

Loving this bella.
The make of the radiois blaupunkt.
I think that only cars with the bose sound system intsalled has the cd changer cable.
Dif. between bose and non bose is speakers and aplifier.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , gday , tomorrow