Well I finally found the cure for my kangaroo, it came in 2 stages. As a recap heres my original thread:
Heres a list of things done to date :
New Bosch MAF - before problem began
Fuel Injector cleaner in tank
New coil packs - as old ones had split
New HT leads set at same time
Spark plugs changed at local independent - signs of running rich and wear on tips
Fuel Injector cleaner in tank again
Throttle body dismantled and cleaned (fly-by-wire)-throttle pot dismantled and cleaned before cleaning butterfly
2 front lambda's fitted - totally white tips
All injectors sent for testing and cleaning ( http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-...xperience.html
New fuel tank filler cap.
Gazza82's oil separator valve
3rd Lambda – rear one
Replaced throttle body with another known good one – no difference
Crankshaft sensor – this cured the from cold kangaroo but left the slight misfire and occasional warm kangaroo. This has had good effect for other people too recently rt05492 for example:
So do you want to know the miracle cure, you will not believe it I barely did. It is the panacea of fixes that I think many have been looking for. Wait for it…
The switch on the clutch pedal. Yes, 1 year, hours and hours of work and over 800 quid later it was a darn 15 quid switch.
My assumption is having stripped the switch down to see if I could repair it (I could temporarily but have just bought a pucker replacement), is that the ECU assumed the clutch was permanently disengaged, except when it went over a bump and the simple contacts inside the switch were made and quickly broken again. I knew I had a dodgy connection somewhere as recently I found a cobbled road and she kangarooed the whole length of it.
Its easy to test if broken if you have Alfadiag, if not just have a look and see if the clutch pedal is pressing the actuator of the switch. In my case the white actuator was pushed almost completely all the way inside rather than sticking out by 2cm and therefore wasn’t touching the pedal. Part no is 46840511 cost 19.53 euro. It can be stripped and repaired if you want to verify it is the problem, I used superglue.
I hope this miraculous (and very cheap) cure helps others, it took me long enough and cost me enough. Even Alfa Romeo couldn’t find it on my car. Would have loved to have changed it before changing the crankshaft sensor, but unfortunately too late.
Good luck you all.