pre tensioner seatbelts - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
pre tensioner seatbelts

my ordered 147 has the comfort pack, what the heck is a pre tensioner seatbelt, and how does it differ to normal seatbelts?
Sponsored Links
Nicola Romeo
They're safer, if you crash they quickly pre tension pulling you down in the seat so you don't fly out through your window and accross the mersey

Only joking (about the mersey bit) you're in newark I know

Red or Blue? none maybe?
Up there every few weeks though, all my family still live there. Must stay clear of that mersey next time im up
pre tensioners are just the start of it. My Renault has grabbers that pull the seat belt clamps downwards, as well as pre-tensioners that snap the belt tight around you...good job I'm not a fatty or it would squeeze me to death - ouch!

AO Member
Pre tensioner seat belts are pyrotechnical (small explosive thingie), they fire in case of an accident and tension the seat belt so you don't fly away. Just like Nicola wrote.

The usually come with a torsion limiter mounted inside the seat belt reel, so you don't get squized too much. It is also called load limiter.

It was standard on my Peugeot 206 GTi, don't know about Alfa (havent read the whole manual yet).

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

pre , seatbelts , tensioner