Just fitted ny Kuda Satnav bracket to 156 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 26-10-08 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Greater Manchester
Just fitted ny Kuda Satnav bracket to 156

Thanks to some instructions from Bazza I decided to fit the Kuda satnav bracket to my 2005 156. As reported earlier in the year by Bazza the bracket is actually for pre-facelifts but the only difference is that you need to hacksaw about 3/8ins off the bracket that fits under the computer/ centre vent unit on top of the dash. The bracket that fits above the centre console is a perfect fit.
In his earlier report Bazza cut off most of the metal bracket but to make it more secure I decided to loosen the centre console front plate so the bracket would slip behind, this proved very easy. Remove the radio and loosen (no need to remove) the Torx screws at either side of the gap left by the radio (see pics), the front plate can then be pulled forward and the metal bracket on the Kuda can then be safely slid behind the front plate. Re-tighten the screws and the satnav braket is held very firmly indeed.
I found I needed to add an extension (made from a disused Brodit plate) to lift the TomTom720 above the 3 small dials but keep it below the computer display. This makes it look a little ugly but it's OK when the TomTom is in position.

My attempt at adding photos didn't seem to work, so please click here

Last edited by vindaloo; 26-10-08 at 18:55.
Sponsored Links
Global Mod Team

Member car:

Alfa 156 GTA SW

Re: Just fitted ny Kuda Satnav bracket to 156

Nice one vindaloo - especially managing to get the unchanged bracket behind the centre console! I wish I'd realised it was that easy, as I said to you by PM, if you're a little clumsy, you can easily pull the lower bracket out of place on mine. (Not a big deal mind, I've coated it in electricians tape so when this does happen, it doesn't scratch the console.

It looks like my TomTom is a different age than yours, and my trip computer is definitely a different style - those two differences trogether mean that mine sat perfectly between the dials and the trip computer without any modification required.

Seen an offensive/spam post? Report it! Click the or button next to the post.
AO Rules - AO Gallery - AO Classified adverts - AO Club - AO Traders

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

I Nomes & Gibbo

"You know, sometimes the world seems like a pretty mean place."
"That's why animals are so soft and huggy."
- Calvin and Hobbes

To err is human, to moderate ursine.
AO Silver Member
Re: Just fitted ny Kuda Satnav bracket to 156

i love how clean that all looks, no dust in sight!

*Great work too!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , bracket , fitted , kuda , satnav