I have AR145TS with 1.4TS engine and I thing that this ECU & throttle reset will also work with that engine. However, I have searched net for a while and found at least two different reset procedures. Can anyone tell me what procedure is OK? I also have some additional questions (later in this post).
First procedure I found on ItaliaAuto :: View topic - HOW TO: ECU & Throttle Reset
1. Disconnect the negative lead from the battery for a minimum of 45 minutes. Some people recommend overnight but that is not really necessary.
2. Reconnect the battery negative lead
3. Put key in ignition, turn to MAR and leave for 90 secs
4. Turn off the ignition, but not remove the key and leave for 90 secs
5. Start the engine but do not touch the throttle and let the car idle for 15 mins otherwise the car will not rev freely afterwards (as V6 owners know at their peril)
6. Turn the car off and leave for 10 mins
7. Start the car and take her for a blast
Second procedure that I found here (and on some other sites) says:
1. Switch on the ignition but dont start the engine and leave for 90 seconds
2. Switch off the ignition and again leave for 90 seconds
3. Start the engine without touching the accelerator.
4. Leave engine to idle for at least ten minutes
5. Take the car for a spin and make sure you drive it in different styles including hard!
6. Idle should now be back to normal, but if not dont panic. Try again.
The first procedure also includes ECU reset (as stated on that page) but there is also some difference in later procedure:
- there is 15 min idling instead of 10 min idling
- there is 10 min engine stop period before taking car for a spin
Some additional questions:
1. should this ECU & throttle procedure be done with engine warm or cold?
2. after idling for 10 minutes and before taking car for a spin do I have to turn off engine or not?
Can anyone confirm what is right ECU & throttle reset procedure consider everything that I said and asked?