Central Locking Fault! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Help Central Locking Fault!

Hi Everyone (apologies for the boring thread)

I have a 2003 156ts 1.8 16v Veloce, In April this year I was Shunted from behind which required the car to have a new Bumper, Back box and a boot lid. The boot lid was specially ordered and made in Italy for me,and shipped across, since i have had the vehicle back from the body shop, i have had trouble locking the vehicle remotely, however the key fob arms the alarm, but 5 sec's later i get the fault audioable warning. It appears to the car that a door is open, the car starts and runs fine, the central locking works fine in manual mode (key in door).
4 Alfa approved workshops have drawn a blank!

Any idea's

Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

147 GTA

Re: Central Locking Fault!

Hello and welcome

Post your quiery in here fella
Alfa 147, 156 & GT - Alfa Romeo Forum
Global Mod Team
County: Milano

Moved to 156 Tech Lounge
AO Silver Member
County: Nukunonu

How many extra beeps do you get?
The number of beeps will tell you what is at fault.

I have just been out to check it now, and guess what! its fine. I don't get any beeps after i lock the door with the key and arm the alarm, but after opening the door with the key all 4 doors instantly lock before i can open the door physically. So it arms the alarm fine, I am at a loss!!
AO Platinum Member

Sounds like it thinks the boot is open. They haven't sorted it properly after your accident...
If you try to lock it using the remote when the boot is open it will lock and arm the alarm but it will instantly unlock itself.

Thanks David C, I have just tried that. De-alarmed using the fob and opened the drivers door with the key, all 4 doors unlocked. As i opened the drivers door the central locking kicked in and tried to lock all 4 doors.I opened the boot and armed using the fob: Nothing, it armed the alarm and nothing else, i shut the boot and tried again. Just the arming of the alarm worked and then 1 audioable beep after that?????? back to square 1, also only the drivers door locked this time with the manual key locking mode.

Took the car back to where i got the new key from today, to see if the code was being lost whilst zapping the key fob. Plugged in the machine and to everyone's surprise... Nothing, nearly 3 hours 2 men spent on it and they found nothing, no problems, they were baffled as everyone seems to be at Mangoletsi?
Any more suggestions would be great. Here is a part list of what i've done so far.
All door wiring looms checked, reciever checked, door stalks checked, key checked (battery), main battery checked, every fuse and relay in the car checked, the list goes on......

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

central , fault , locking