Alfa GT temperature sensor & windows don't work when fan on hi - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 21-10-08 Thread Starter

Member car:

Alfa GT 3.2

Hmmm Alfa GT temperature sensor & windows don't work when fan on hi

I've just got my Alfa GT back from repair after been rear-ended on the M1 in August. The car was in for repair 5 weeks and the wiring loom in the boot was replaced due to damage found in it.

I've only had the car back a day, but this morning I used the HI fan option to keep the window clear. When I did the window controls didn't work, and the temperature showed as ----. I turned it off (the car wasn't up to temperature so it wasn't actually blowing hot) and the windows worked again, as did the temperature. Everything else seems to work fine.

Is this a feature of the GT when fan is on HI? Could it that the car hasn't been more than 10 miles in the last 5 weeks so the battery is low and doesn't have enough power operate HI fan and windows yet? I've only driven the car maybe 90minutes since picking it up. I can take the car back easily enough, but just wondered if I should wait for the battery to recharge and see if the problem fixes itself.

On a related note, I'm getting a warning that the number plate light has failed. But both lights above the rear number plate are working. Is this likely to be a sensor issue? Could the sensor have been damaged when I was rear-ended?
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Cheshire
Re: Alfa GT temperature sensor & windows don't work when fan on hi

Hi - i got rear ended earlier this year too and had the boot etc.. replaced and some wiring to the parking sensors. When i got the car back there were some weird things going on, flashing mileage, windows acting strange, opening the boot with the key fob didn't deactivate the alarm etc... I resolved all of these by taking the car to a dealer and them connecting the car to their diag machine. They did a proxy alignment procedure which i think is a way of resetting all the electrical peripherals on the car (like a reboot i guess), once done everything worked perfectly. I think on the GT all the electrical stuff goes through the cars computer and if any of it gets changed (such as a new loom) then a "reboot" is required to sort everything out. It worked for me, i hope it does for you too. Good luck.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

alfa , fan , sensor , temperature , windows , work