it only happens to you
no seriously, nothing of the sort has ever happened. actually i made up a list of all things gone wrong with our alfa. most of them i have found in other reviews, so i pasted the ones which went wrong with our alfa too!! here goes..
1. The paint is rather fragile (lot of stone chips)
2. Front window fell down in the first month
3. Front spoiler fell off
4. Clutch pedal squeaky (fixed with some WD40) wink
5. Manifold shield fractured around mounting point
6. Airbag system failed
7. Had what I believe is a common problem with the VDC/ABS system failure. Systems still worked, but to get rid of message on display had to re-start engine, the fault was due to a faulty sensor in the brake pedal. (they changed the ABS pump and electronics, or so they said.)
8. An assortment of compact disc player errors / Repeated CD Error messages (still does!)
9. It handles very well, however the anti-lock braking system cuts in a bit too soon. (f.ck abs!!)
10. Radio station presets self reset (still do)
11. Driver's seat (leather) is very noisy when shifting weight. Apparently easy to sort out (i think this prob has gone by itself)
cheers and hope they'll fix the trouble !