Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Surrey, England.
It's a long long story so here is the short version. Two weeks after getting the car, Selespeed errors started to occur. The car was taken back to the dealers at which point i tried to reject it. After two weeks of having the car, with not replacing anything or seeing any error, they assured me that there was nothing wrong. I accepted the car back and the next day the error re-occured. I took the car back to the dealer and left it there rejecting it once more. After some heated telephone calls and faxes going back and forth, they finally agreed to supply an manual 147 to the same value which I now drive. Because of the difference in value I was able to pick a car in stock with added luxuries such as 5-doors, Leather, 17" alloys and Bose which was not standard on the Manual version. All in all it took them just over a month to agree to a swap. I think they tried to play the waiting game with me but in the end I threatended to take legal action. I really do believe that the car was a danger to myself, passengers and other road users when the Selespeed failed having no control over steering or the gearbox. Luckily it did not occur at high speed.I have had one or two small problems with the new car, but that ok as I love the car to look at and drive. No other car in it's class really touches it for style in my opinion. However, my old 145 Cloverleaf would have left it for dust!