K+N on 166 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
K+N on 166

Fitted at last a k+n air filter to my 166. It has improved the pick up from start and more importantly improve the overall performance even when the air con is on. Being a auto i found that when going up hill or a uphill sliproad onto a motorway the car seemed abit sluggish. This has now gone and all is well.

P.s Was interested to see the large plastic box after the air filter box. What does it do. lots of air passage ways going nowwhere?
Sponsored Links
How much for the K&N? Are they available mail order? Any benefits in fuel consumption? Can fuel consumption beimproved any way with a 2.5 V6. AO?

AO Gold Member
Hmm good to hear. My Diesel Tractor will be fitted with Novitec sportsfilter tomorrow.

Hope to have some even better throttle response and less smoke
Have you just fit the panel filter?

Is it any noisier?

I'm thinking of getting the carbon airbox for mine but can't decide.
AO Member
my other car - ford focus had a empty plastic box on the side of the air filter

it wa actually a fantastically clever bit of kit - the ait going into it resonated at 180degrees to the air inthe airbox and therefore cancelled out alot of induction noise. removing it caused the engine to be much throatier on accelerating

i wonder if the thingie you are talking about is the alfas resonator box
I just fitted the filter, no other mods. The filter is not listed for the 166 on the K + N parts book, but it is the same filter as the 2.5 v6 156 > 98 models.
The main change as said is the performance a slight increase in induction noise is present. As to the comment as to the extra air box , it seems a good explaination. I think i will try removing it and replace it with a straight piece of pipe left over from my thema turbo.

I bought the filter from Demon Tweeks who have a world wide sales network. But i would have thought there are many other outlets for them.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT