156 Phone Predisposition: Where's the mike? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 25-09-02 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

159 2.2 SW

156 Phone Predisposition: Where's the mike?

My brand new JTS SW came with a GSM-antenna - automatically delivered with the sportskit in Denmark. I'm trying to figure out wether the rest of the phone predisposition is also automatically included or not, so I'm trying to find the mike.

Does anyone have the new 156 with the predisposition, and a phone-kit fitted? Where is the mike? Was it originally included, or just the wiring for it?

Help greatly appreciated, as I'd hate to have the dealer do unnecessary f**'n up of the interior if there's indeed a built in solution.

EX 156: Currently in a 159 2.2 SW
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member

Member car:

Edna Mode!

There's no microphone with a GSM phone-predisposition. A predisposition means that all the relevant wires are already in place and that the GSM-antenna is also in place.

The microphone is included in your car-kit and not in the car! The nice thing about the phone disposition is that all functionality is in place (auto mute, phone sound comes out of the speakers, adjust the volume of the phone through the radio AND with the volume buttons on the steering wheel, mute the phone sound from the radio AND with the mute button on the steering wheel....etc.)

MAKE SURE THAT WHEN YOU BRING YOUR CAR-KIT TO THE GARAGE TO BUILD IT IN, TELL THEM THAT YOUR CAR HAS GSM PHONE PRE-DISPOSITION. Of course if your technical know-how is bigger then mine, you can do it also by yourself...

I hope this info helps you a little bit out....

I don't need no one to tell me about heaven, I look at my son and daughter and I believe.

Quote of the month: "Extremist ideas bring NON-tolerance as a result, because people having their face stuck up so deep in their Ar5e that they can't smell nor are interested in other's 5hit!"
AO Gold Member

I did not order the GSM disposition. But only thing was that I had no Antenna. The phone-over-radio and muting etc. was indeed installed in my car, so I have the same functionality
AO Gold Member

Member car:

Edna Mode!

Thanx for the information. Than that's the difference then: the GSM-antenna.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , mike , phone , predisposition