156 rear door won't open - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 06-10-08 Thread Starter
County: Wrexham

Member car:

156 2.0TS

156 rear door won't open

A couple of weeks ago one of my rear doors stopped responding to the central locking - it still locked and unlocked manually. Now I find I cannot open it at all. I've manged to remove the door panel and weather seal to gain access to the rods etc, but nothing I can do seems to help.

If I push the lock button down and then operate the handle from the inside, the button comes up (as if to unlock) and I feel a little resistance as if the door is about to open, then the handle overcomes the resistance and goes to its stop without opening the door. When I release the handle there's a slight click from the lock area as it returns.

One other point, which may or may not be relevant, when I operate the central locking there is no noise from this door lock.

Can the lock motor fail in the locked position, and not be overridden by the handle, or have I got a mechanical problem with the lock/linkage?

Any suggestions welcomed!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , door , open , rear