Fix 147 VDC issues - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

147dude

Fix 147 VDC issues

Hi guys,

got my car back after 10 days of thorough repairs and testing by the workshop and importer. they've replaced the ABS pump unit on the car. The importer says it's not official, but there has been a software upgrade on the ABS unit that should help. He's tested it during the weekend after I showed him the fault two weeks ago, and says it's ok. I am testing it myself this weekend, and will get back when I know for sure that it's ok. Hope this can help someone who has the same fault, after my six months and 18000km's of driving a not-working-perfectly 147... wink very happy now!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 1561
County: -

Member car:

busso powered

I sincerely hope your baby is cured.

Selespeed
AO Gold Member

what was wrong with it 147dude?
a software upgrade on the ABS sounds great, i am not impressed with the abs at all and it was already changed when about 1-2 months old because my dad and I crashed into another car...it didn't wanna stop for some reason or other so BANG into a pajero :/
after some abs/asr/ebd errors they changed the abs unit and said it was now ok. no errors but still braking is not so good...
hope yours is ok now!
147dude

The fault I had was the VDC cutting in way too early, especially in medium fast turns, 60-80 kmh speed, and in fifth gear, barely touching the pedal. You notice this, because it starts braking on individual wheels... After some "testing" this morning I can say 98% surely the fault is completely gone... Wohooo!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
147 , fix , issues , vdc