VDC problems when lowering your 147 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 30-08-02 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 1561
County: -

Member car:

busso powered

VDC problems when lowering your 147

Today I heard at the dealership that Alfa Romeo have send an announcement to their dealerships about the problems that might occur when lowering an Alfa 147 which is equiped with VDC.

If a 147 with VDC is lowered more then 2.0 cms they can't predict what the VDC actions will be when it's kicking in.

This might explain the problems 147dude has when driving downhill.

Sponsored Links
snd that would explain why I'm convinced my VDC has stopped working! cheers for that,its put my mind at rest,as the car is soooo much better with just the ASR.Not sure what the insurance companies will make of it,just hope that Alfa keep their gob shut.In fact,delete this thread!!
AO Silver Member
I heard something similar from my dealer when I asked about lowering an 156. He told me that VDC could become dangerous instead of helpfull. That's why I went for the standard sportspack instead of 40mm.
Strange !!
In Belgium, Novitec lowering kits are distributed and fitted directly by tha Alfa Dealers without any notification of this problem !

i'll ask what they think about this but I don't understand the link between lower suspension and VDC ?!
Damn, thanks guys. The cas has been at the workshop now for 10 days, they're trying to fix the problem. I'll ask them to try and 'heighten' it a bit then methinks... Selespeed, thanks a lot for tipping me off about this... Maybe one day I shall overcome these VDC troubles.... wink
Hi Guys,

I had heard about this from my dealership as well, but I went ahead with the Eibach lowering kit anyway, knowing that I had the reassurance of having AlfaRomeo Warranty behind me.

Thankfully I can report that VDC on my 147 is behaving the same as before (ie: NOT cutting in too early).

I guess I may have just been lucky though!
I can't tell yuo exactly who, but someone here in Norway who might know a little about this, told me he thinks the reason for not offering lowering kit on the 147 is that then the front indicator lights get to be 3 cm lower, which makes them lower than what's allowed in the EU. I read in a car magazine, that Eibach are now offering new front indicators with the spring kit to make it legal... I don't actually think my VDC problem at least had anything to do with the springs. They say they've fixed it now, so I will report back when I know more... Picking up the car tomorrow, fingers crossed, again... wink

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , lowering , problems , vdc