New Alfa 156 gearknob - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
New Alfa 156 gearknob

Anyone out there know if the numbers on the new Alfa 156 gear knob flake off. They look like their silkscreened on, like on the original 147, so I was just wondering.

Also, will the momo gearknobs available in the shop here easily fit on the previous model 156. Any speical brackets needed ? The dealer told me the original knob has to be cut off.
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
Strange that they have not fitted the new style 147 knob with the "embossed" numbers. All other "new" parts in the 156 interior seem to be out of the 147 stock ...
Yeah. I saw a new 156 yesterday, and the numbers on the gearknob looked silkscreened on. Unless there is some sort of protective clear coat over it, I reckon the no.'s would just peel off.

I also noticed the Alfa dealers are replacing older 147 gearknobs with ones that have the numbers embossed on, but the gear lever knob is made from high density plastic and not leather.
Ordered my momo sphere (the trim matches the wood) and it fitted fine. Problem was getting the old one off. My car is still full of plastic splinters etc.

Any idea what is involved removing the gear knob from the 156 1.6.
That's the standard big leather one. It appears to be glued on.
AO Member
if it appears that it's glued on, maybe it's the same thing like the 147; pull and rotate slowly the knob... hey, I said maybe!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , alfa , gearknob