147156166 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

What is the SINGLE bets thing about your 147, 156 or 166. It could be what made you buy it/her/him or it could be what you like most know. Also what is the 'thing' you dislike the most, or have the biggest gripe about.
I know it's been done before, but so what.

I like it's (147) looks in general in that it is better looking than any other current hatch except from one angle, that is from the sort of side and front at the same time. Doesn't quite look right, but from rear/side looks spot on!

Biggest gripe is lack of power. Coming out of a reservoir carpark today with a MG ZR on my backside. Floored it up the hill and he just zinged past. Boo hoo. Want more power!
Sponsored Links
OK, best and now.
AO Silver Member
best think me likes about the 147 is the italian styling and as you say nothing in its class looks better!!!

Lack of power is the other issue also... its too damn heavy!!!!!
John Fanthorpe
Alfa Romeo '166' - PURE STYLE & PRESENCE (& rare)
As I drive lots of Alfas in my work I'll give an opinion on all 3 if you don't mind;

147: Love the looks from the front but the performance is poor, such a step back from the 145 QV, where's the zing gone?

156: Love the overall balance of the 4 cylinder cars but I hate the driving position

166: Love the combination of power, equipment, comfort and rarity, dislike parking the bloody thing and the rain sensor wipers, demisting it can be annoying too.
AO Gold Member
County: Antwerpen
Best : the design, both exterior and interior. just yesterday I went out for some shopping, and I parked my car just behind a silvergrey,brand new Mercedes CLK Kompressor cabrio. I was getting some money "out the wall" and a couple stopped to admire my 147..They didn't even look at the Merc

Bad: still a gap in build quality, compared tot "Ze germans"..
and of course, a little more power would be nice
AO Gold Member

well, eehhh design also (for all models, but in order: 147, 166, 156)
bad: as mentioned before lack of power...

good: real value for money, the car is very complete equipped overal
If u want an 147 melted with 156 just take the new 156 JTS ! Her(147) and him(156) made a beautiful child : JTS ! The same 'child' but stronger is the 156 GTA!
Or u can choose their nice grandfather 166 !

NOW go and get the hole FAMILY ! ha haha ha ha
AO Member
what I like? the way I sit inside! I'm like the king of the world! everything is under my finger! the only thing I must do is to say: alfa, go! and she goes (and how she goes!)!

what I dislike? the reverse operation...when I have to reverse, for me is a real nightmare; my head is like an police turn-over light> left rear window, right rear window; left rear window, right rear window;left rear window, right rear window; guess you got the idea...
you can't see anything! but now, after I feel like I'm starting to know the car, it seems that the reverse too is becoming a pleasure (yeah, right! no way!)...

if u can't love your alfa,
you can't love anything...
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 92

Member car:

2014 Honda CR-V

For me it's got to be the sport suspension coupled with a powerful V6, it's a dream to drive... Not to mention the look from 3/4 as seen from the rear, awesome!

However, I dislike the temperamental 6 speed gearbox, and oddly enough, the car when viewed from the front, besides the strangely postioned Tach/Speedo gauges, the steering wheel blocks them partially.

In the end, I wouldn't change it for another car.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT