More Defects - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
More Defects

Don't know how I missed it. But my 156 (5 months old) has started taking water through the rear right door. Apparently there is a 1/4" gap where the door isn't aligned properly. The dealer who until recently I found good, is saying this is a warranty issue (obviously), but must be approved by alfa for repair, which will take some time. Meanwhile if I drive into a puddle like last week, water get in.

Gonna go back today and insist they sort it out.
Man...bad paintwork and now crap door panels. When will it end.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
Good luck!!

I freaked out this morning with them. They took the door, adjusted the hinge, and it's now fixed. Gonna be collecting the car this afternoon.

By the way, when you installed your carbon fibre intake, did you have to remove the wheel and wheel arch trim. Am gonna get one for my 156 soon, and don't fancy doing this, as I will most likely screw up the trim. Any idea, if it's a quicker fit on the 156. I hope so, especially as the dealer will no doubt fuss now about warranty if I ask him to do it.
I am suprised that Alfa are say that it will take time for approval. My 156 had the sunroof replaced under warranty. It took longer for the dealer to figure out what the problem was (3days). Once they figured out what the problem was Alfa approved the repair and I had my car back ywo days later.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT