Buzzing noise from the climate control box in GT? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 19-09-08 Thread Starter

Member car:

Help Buzzing noise from the climate control box in GT?

Perhaps, I'm just being paranoid, but recently I've connected the Dension ICE>Link iPod connection in my GT and I've noticed the strange buzzing noize (like something is trying to turn on but failing) from the climate control block.

I'm not quite sure whether I heard it before (I think not), but now it appears every time I turn the engine key to MAR position (or turn on the ignition). The noise persists even if I turn the climate control totally off. However, the climate control itself works okay and I couldn't find any other signs of the problem except this annoying noise.

I disassembled the console and I'm 100% sure that the noise comes from the climate controls. I didn't disconnect the block, though; but I'm sure that all wires are plugged tightly to the climate control box.

Should it be like this (I have GT for about a month - so, maybe, I didn't notice it before)? Or should the GT be completely silent (with climate control turned off) when the key is in the MAR position and the engine is not started? Any ideas what could be wrong with this control box (thermo sensor?)
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Buckinghamshire
Re: Buzzing noise from the climate control box in GT?

If the GT is the same as the 156, then there is a small fan which is used to check the internal temperature, and this is probably what you can here. On the 156 there's a small round grill on the left of the control panel .. the fan is behind that.
AO Member
County: East Sussex

Member car:

147 jtdm

I am just like you, I have a 147 and just noticed the noise. It has probably always been there, but when you become aware of it, it is quite loud!! I hope it is normal. Would be interesting to know if other peoples climate control panels buzz!
AO Member
County: Kent
I have a buzzing noise coming from my 156 climate control unit, almost certain it wasn't there before!
County: Antrim

Member car:

alfa 147 ti

This is definitely not normal the problem has just come to mr today, is there any1 put there that knows what needs to be done to pit it rite?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

box , buzzing , climate , control , noise