New 156 JTS - anything to report? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Alex R
New 156 JTS - anything to report?

Just wondering if there any people out there who have had an "old" 156 2.0 TS and now run a JTS.

What difference does the engine make?

I ask because when I tried a JTS it felt like it had more get up and go than the 2.0 GTV I drive.
Sponsored Links
I've driven JTS and it is certainly an improvement over the old TS. I noticed a noticeable step in power at around 4000rpm.

The last of the old TS cars with 150bhp were rough I thought, horrible things. The pre Euro 3 cars with 155bhp were much sweeter.
AO Silver Member
I don't know the 2.0 but I've driven a 1.6 156 and a 1.8 146 before my new JTS. In comparison with the 1.8 the JTS feels more torquier in lower revs, but it misses a bit of the punch after 3500 RPM. That in combination with a much more silent engine gives less of a racecar effect. On the other side it's great that you don't have to switch from 4 to 3 to accelerate
I'm going to try a K&N air-filter to improve the sound. If that doesn't work I'll be forced to get a new exhaust one day wink

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , jts , report