Aftersale Advice Regarding Connect Sat NAV (147) - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 12-09-08 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Lancashire
Aftersale Advice Regarding Connect Sat NAV (147)

We'll i picked up my little beauty on Thursday and i have got to say i have fallen in love already.
Anyway cut a long story short the car came with the built in connect sat nav system. When i picked up the car i foolishly got caught up in the excitement and never got the dealer to actually show me the sat nav working. I was however assured that it does work without any problems. I was also advised at the time that it might be wise to jump on ebay and get an updated version of the software and it would only cost around 7 which i guess should have set alarm bells ringing.
The disc i have been given keeps producing error messages i think due to a number of deep scratches on the disc. Searching for a new disc from NAVTEQ i discovered it will cost close to 100 for a new disc, which i'm not prepared to pay.

I'm wondering your thoughts on what i should do if i go back to the dealer and tell them to sort it? Should i ask for them to aquire a new disc for me, ask for some money back or are they likely to say its not their problem anymore???

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: East Renfrewshire
Re: Aftersale Advice Regarding Connect Sat NAV (147)

If your disc is just scratched, send it to this crowd, they are very good and quick, and have sorted out all my scratched DVD'S. Costs a few pounds, worth a try.
Scratched discs or damaged discs including CDs, DVDs plus playstation and xbox Game Discs can be restored and repaired by UK based Scratch Busters
Re: Aftersale Advice Regarding Connect Sat NAV (147)

get the disc done if you can, but infuture look at the Pioneer AVIC unit as an alternative. it's fantastic

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , advice , aftersale , connect , nav , sat