Autodelta carbon air intake - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 156 2.4 JTD

Replacing the air filter (K&N) only took me about half an hour (I'm a complete novice) and if you don't mind wiggling a few pipes around, you don't even need to move the relay bracket
Sponsored Links
hehehe...looks like every one had the same problem...for the 1st 2 hours I thought Autodelta had given me the wrong pipe.

Biggest prob
1) damn screw holding the original pipe was facing the front, had to squeeze in and remove the screw with a very small screw driver
2) with the small 90 pipe, i couldnt get the splash guard back on, had to loosen the 3 screws holding the bumper to squeeze in the pipe

3) I actually comtemplated taking off the entire bumper at one point...decided not to when i noticed how many screws i had to remove

I got my kit straight from AD, it came with instructions with pics...similiar to the one alfa owner posted..but with more steps

but still no info on what to do with the spray..
AO Member
I have to say, that after spending 5 hours under my car I got to see a lot of bodgeyness on Alfa's behalf. I KNOW that screws are screws, and there perhaps are standards that no one can bother changing. But the screws were pretty bodgey in an inconsistent kinda way, some way too long for their intentions, so many different sizes even though they do the same thing, the wheel arch is pretty bodgey, the metal pillars which hold the bumper in place are pretty damn weak and bendable, there are wires hanging out here and there, some go nowhere, some are just tied onto each other with plastic clips. It all looks nice when you open the bonnet but once you get underneath it it's pretty damn ugly!!! JUST like my old Toyota Celica. I was expecting a little bit more from Alfa to be honest but I suppose under it all a car is a car put together with many screws!!!!! hahahaha

Business: GillespieFox Founding member: Australian INfront
AO Silver Member
heh! Next time justin let a mechanic do it!!! I must say i did c a bit of soddyness, but not as much as you described???

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

air , autodelta , carbon , intake