Does your cruise control cut out sometimes for no reason? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Does your cruise control cut out sometimes for no reason?

Just drove 200 mls up and down the motorway. Sometimes, when cruise control is on, it just suddenly slows down as the C-control has been deactivated without me doing anything.

I have just had the VDC ASR warnings, that seem to step from the brake sensor. Is this linked, could the faulty brake sensor deactivate the C-control?

Otherwise, it behaved like no other car I've driven (inc. Audi, Ferrari, Porsche, Dodge Viper, Pug, Citroen, Lotus etc.) Pokey, yet smooth. How the hell did they make the standard leather seats so comfortable?

So proud that it's mine!

Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member

Nope, no problems here. But it sounds logic that a brake sensor influences this. If you brake normally, the C-control is normally de-activated, so....

Good luck!
AO Silver Member
County: Victoria
Yeah, I'm interested in Titanium contre console too. I found there's available in Japan website. I'm not sure is that Genuie Alfa stuff, becoz I discover the 2.5 V6 came with titanium centre console. But it looks very dark like dark grey (not like the GTV or 147 titanium console). But the picture in that website shown is very shiny and bright. Don't know is the picture effect or not..

Check the picture thru this website
147 King
IMHO the reason that your c-control switiches off is that your VDC has kicked in. It has happened to me b4 2. It only ever happened going down hill when the car seemd to think that we were going to fast through a bend and applied the VDC which brakes a wheel, thereby switching off your c- control,

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

control , cruise , cut , reason