Alfa 147 0-100km time - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 8 Old 06-07-02 Thread Starter
AO Member
Alfa 147 0-100km time

Hi all,

For the same price I could have bought a Skyline, Supra or WRX, all doing 0-100 in 5 seconds. The 147 does it in 9.3 seconds. I'D LOVE to have my 147 go a little faster 0-100km. It's my new mission.

OK, so us 147 owners have a car which is easy to park, has a beautiful interior and exterior and handling, once lowered with progressive rate springs, is just amazing. But we all know, even though the engine sounds amazing, it really isn't a very fast car.

QUESTION: Seems like some of you are talking about modifying your car internally. I was wondering if anyone here at all has some SOLID information about whether or not these modifications we see improve the 0-100km time at all?

Does an ECU remap or superchip do anything at all for acceleration time?

Does a carbon fibre intake make the car go faster 0-100km?

Does an exhaust do anything for the 0-100km time?

Do new camshafts improve the 0-100km time?

What about a supercharger or turbo kit?

Very curious I am! Lots of questions!

Business: GillespieFox Founding member: Australian INfront
Sponsored Links
I'd have a close look at the 30 - 50mph times in 4th if you want to evaluate 'real world' performance gains.

Go for torque every time.

Whatever you do in terms of induction, just try to run it by the dealer first, as you don't want to run into problems later that may not be covered under warranty due to fitting of non standard parts.

I know the guys in UK who have fitted non-standard induction parts have not had problems with warranty, but its better to be safe than sorry.

AO Silver Member
Dont know about 0-100 times but accelaration and pulling power(torque) seem to have improved loads... Thats from an exhaust and carbon fibre intake!!!

0-100 has got loads to do with gearing etc so i dont take notice!!!

You should get the exhaust for the sound alone!
0-100 ? The only way to win something there (except modifying gearbox --> Shorter)is to work on the Bhp/weight ratio !

AO Gold Member
County: Bedfordshire

Member car:

2007 Ford Focus!

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Johnny_147:
<strong>0-100 ? The only way to win something there (except modifying gearbox --&gt; Shorter)is to work on the Bhp/weight ratio !

Johnny.</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The driver`s or the car`s?

just the same problem as the jockey and his horse...........

It's easier to loose 20 Kg making diet than to find 20 kg "not used" accessories in the car.......

AO Silver Member

Member car:

147 1.6lt

..or keep the fuel tank almost empty..

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , alfa , time