First Impression - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
John Fanthorpe
First Impression

Collected my '166' today, not new it has 11000 miles on the the clock. Very pleased with the appearance - black paint, dark grey leather all very swish.

Electric seats with memory are a big hit with my wife, she drove it tonight and said it was the most comfortable driving position she had ever used.

I found that the ICS was less daunting than imagined, fairly intuitive really.

Big disappointment was that I expected to have Sat Nav (it has the aerial for sat on the roof) but the ICS reports no navigation (issue with the supplier now) I did realise that there was no CD fitted, however, I did not appreciate that the Sat Nav worked via this.

Everything else, so far, is up to expectation and in some cases even beyond. I was intrigued by the speed limit facility that goes 'beep,beep,beep' when you reach the speed level that has been set. I think that this is a super feature. Other little surprise touches like the motorised folding inwards of the wing mirrors, the de-misting arrangements via the Climate Control - super. I wonder what other little gems are lurking around and waiting to be 'found out'.
All in all it is a very nice car, drives well, suspension nice, brakes ok (so far) and the Xenon lights are brilliant (not a pun). Not sure about the gear ratio's though, six speed box and the ratio's seem very close together - probably change my opinion as I get more miles under the belt.

I can see why people become 'enthusiasts' and now I have actually got it I feel part of the clan.

best wishes - JonF

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT