Cleaning Interiors ! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
John Fanthorpe
Cleaning Interiors !

As a 'newbie' I am enjoying browsing the earlier posts and absorbing some of the 'community spirit'. Noticed one post concerning cleaning of interior surfaces.

I have one answer and also one question.

Answer: Another Italian Product - the Polti Steam Cleaner (vaporetto) - yes they are expensive, but, brilliant around the house. Let you wife see how quickly it sorts out a crumpled silk blouse or cotton dress and she will want one straight away. Use the steam cleaner as a steam spray over the interior plastic, follow this by a wipe with well wrung out chammy (clean). The vynil/plastic surfaces come up like new and remain cleaner/longer. You now get a bonus - it cleans the carpets, you can buy a lance to clean the engine (takes a fair while) but best of all use the rubber window scraper having sprayed the windows with steam and it is like having new glass. (again quick wipe with chammy) It will even get chewing gum out of carpet.
If you have been lazy and inconsiderate (daft statement - if your were you would not be an Alfa owner - would you ? ) it is a super way to clean brake grime from alloy wheels.

Now my question : I collect my '166' (Lusso) on Tuesday, it has these attrictive highly polished strips on the door sills - the look good, however, I can imagine they are impossible to keep looking nice. Any tips on care and protection ?

regards, JonF (anxious as any expectant parent)
Sponsored Links
JonF, I noticed from your profile that you are retired. Early retired or just very old? I'm originally a West Yorks boy myself, Bratfed!
Been a North Yorks resident for the last 27 years - Harrowgayte, or Harriget, depending on your enunciation. Only for 24 hours more though as I'm moving to Pateley Bridge, actually a village/hamlet next door, Bewerley.
Back on track, yes, Polti steam cleaners are brilliant. Friend of mine has one which I have used occasionally. As for highly polished strips, no idea!
John Fanthorpe
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Simons147:

Now theen laad, if tha nips ower torp thru' Otley, theen ower torp agin tha cums tu Geesly, folla thart rowd towads braadfod and thee parses thru Baildon. Thaats weer I ham.

Served full time working, therefore, retired at the correct age. Do not let age alone fool you it is the looks that count.

best regards - JonF
AO Silver Member
County: Kobenhavn

Member car:

156 GTA SW

IMHO its not how old U are, its how young U feel, that counts. wink

John Fanthorpe
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hoygaard:

its how young U feel

given the opportunity I like to feel them reasonably young - legal like
Baildon, I know it well. My Grand parents used to live on Woodlands (Walk?) at the top off the little tram and funfair (although admittedly above the age of 5 there wasn't much fun to be had there). Went back recently and they'd stuck a faux Elizabethan house in my Grandpa's garden where his redcurrents used to grow. My happiest memories were in that house. Garden backed on to Richard 'Twice Nightly' Whiteley's house too. And you're related to Fortean Lionel.
It's a funny little world JonF!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

cleaning , interiors