156 Air con working...or Not?? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 28-06-02 Thread Starter
AO Member
156 Air con working...or Not??

Can anyone Help me??

I have a 156 V6 and I'm not sure the air conditioning is working properly. I've checked the pipe work and it's all cold where it should be (and the compressor wotks) but when I get in the car and turn the dial down to cold or 18deg it only seems mildly cool.

(I also have a Mondeo and the Air Con is far far colder (boardering on Artic!!))

Could it be something to do with actuators on the heating system?? As I have heard that these go on 164's??

A Rather hot and sweaty STRIPE.

Turn the Key - Awake the Beast
V6 206BHP 0-60 6.8(ish)
Sponsored Links
I have a similar experience - but then my 146 aircon wasn't much better. The only Alfa I have in which I expereinced decent aircon was a 164 3.0 12 valve.
BTW - better than not beign that cold, mine decided to mess around with the throttle contgrol at one point to the extent that with it on, the throttle went completely up the spout and did whatever it felt like regardless of anything I did! Major replacement of control units called for.
156 JTD

I've had my climate turned down to just below 18 all week and my girlfriend keeps complaining how cold it is in my car and insists on wearing her coat in the car! If I put my hand over one of the vents it's definitely blowing out very cold air. I don't think it's the best system in the world but it should definitely be keeping you cool so you may have a problem.

I always have the compressor (snowflake button) switched on in my car and I think I read in a previous post that this is strongly recommended.
Founder of AO
County: Essex

Member car:

Maserati GTS

You probaly need to get the system re gassed. Make sure they pressure test it first though, this should be in with the price.
Alot of aircon systems dont have full quantity of gas in and this effects the efficiency. ask the dealer to measure the amount of gas in the system.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , air , con , workingor