Noisy gear ghanges ? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Noisy gear ghanges ?

Hi to all from Bucharest Romania. You all know the clunk that sounds in the gear changes especially on halt changing from first to reverse or when stoping I think mine is a bit loud I mean the clunk can you all feel it? are all selespeeds clunky I love the gearbox despite its clunkyness ..does this loud clunking mean anything I could notice it from the start. On the road It is very smooth though.
Sponsored Links
My 156 Selespeed's exactly the same. I think there's always a bit of a clunk when gear changing, it's just that you only notice when the car's stationary. When you're up to speed, you don't notice because you've got the (not excessive of course) noise and vibration from the road. The clunk I think is just the sound of the hydraulic actuators doing their thing. I've so far (6500 miles) never ever had a gear graunch in any gear changing situation, reverse or otherwise. Selespeed isn't perfect but it does appear to look after the well-being of the gearbox very well. On balance, I think the Selespeed's great! wink
I've a 147 and to its credit its absolutely silent and smooth when shifting. Sadly it seems to shift of its own accord sometimes and its jammed once.

But 'clunking', no, far from it, I'd get it checked

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

gear , ghanges , noisy