RDS_TMC - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

Sorry if this has been covered previously, but can someone enlighten me as to whether or not the RDS-TMC function works on the connect nav+ system.

If so how the hell do you get it to work? I've 'enabled' the option on the menu, yet receive nothing.
Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

147 GTA

Hi zeroseven.

I recently had a conversation with the nice people at CONNECT and they told me that the RDS TMC info is a service transmitted on the FM band by participating radio stations.

The Connect Nav+ is able to receive and interprit this signal but I have not found any local or national stations that transmit this data.
Thank you - that would explain it. My FM reception is so bad I never use it.

Anyone know if the major players on the FM bandwith provide this service? It would be useful to leave the radio on with sound muted if they do.
Hi guys,
RDS TMS is currently transmitted on a sub frequency of Classic FM's signal, however it has access limitaions imposed on it (so you have to pay a sub for the service). The access codes are stored on the Nav CDs, so if you have an enabled CD, you have access to RDS TMC. Currently the 147 UK Nav CDs do not support the correct RDS TMC codes for use here! If you want more info take a look at www.rds-tmc.co.uk for the UK provider.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT