Opinion on new 156 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Opinion on new 156

Dropped by my Alfa dealer this morning to order a new wing mirror for my 4 month old 156....230 Euro + labour....ouch. (wish I knew who the scumbag was that kicked the old one off).

Anyway, I noticed they had the new facelifted 156's on the fourcourt. The 1.6 is now 26,500 Euro. That's 1,500 over what I paid for the old model. The only difference I could tell on the outside, was color coded mirrors and bumpers, 205/60 tyres as standard (185/65 on the old model), and those Xeon headlights. The inside didn't look much different. Nicer seat material, compared to the standard. The centre console now has a chrome effect (same for the airvents and ashtray), and looks a bit like the console from the 147. The radio is integrated like the 147 also. And it's got traction control, electric air. con, rear elect. windows as standard. And I'm told there is a multi-function readout like the 147.

I suppose it's worth the 1,500 price hike, but I went with the old model and decided not to wait, because I reckon the new 156 will have teething problems...mainly rattles and noises from the dash and instrument plane, like the 147 I had last year. Most of these sort of problems seem to be sorted on the old 156 now.
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
I don't think the Xenon headlights are standard?

The steering wheel is much better and they lost the wood!
AO Member
County: West Yorkshire
I also popped into my local dealer over the weekend to view the revised 156. Alfa didn't need to change much and they haven't, thankfully. The interior is now upto 147 standard with improved materials and the silver centre console with chrome trim looks great. When I saw the initial photos with colour coded bumper rubbing strips I had my doubts but they do actually look okay. The front foglamp surrounds are colour coded too giving the front air intake a squarer, meaner look. You can have a wooden version of the new steering wheel if you so wish too. If you've ever doubted the sheer beauty of the 156, take a look at the cover of the new brochure. Stunning.

I was very impressed right up to the point where the sales guy informed me that my current 156 was in his opinion in the worst colour available. I'll look forward to trade-in time then!
AO Silver Member
County: Cheshire
Saw both the 156 gta, and 156 jts at the weekend.
Nice cars, noticed that 156 gta had oil temp reading in multi function display, not sure if jts has it.
Would be very useful in 147 if the software could be updated at service time to allow oil temp reading.
AO Silver Member
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Ivo:
<strong>I don't think the Xenon headlights are standard?

</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think your right!!! The pics had xenons and a black masj around it... the showroom cars dont!!!

Never mind.. a minor detail!!!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , opinion