BOSE / Blaupunkt and noise - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
BOSE / Blaupunkt and noise

When I listen to cd's in my car, there is a very annoying noise between the tracks and in quieter parts of music, this can be heard if I keep it a little loud and it's quite annoying. Does anyone else have this, is there something wrong with my player, or is this "normal" (in which case it's a crappy system!)? The sound is a sort of electronic noise, it sounds like something is picking up on the cd spinning around or something, guess that's a crappy explanation, sorry... Anyone???

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member

Member car:

147 1.6lt

If i get that right, there must be interference from the laser driving mechanism to the last ampification stage in your head unit. Since the Bose system gets the audio signal from the speakers output (there is no RCA/line level connectors at the head unit), this interference (noise) gets amplified to an audible level.

This happens to some systems that use the amplifier connected as a booster, not using the low level signal input.

I suppose u have to talk to your dealer to have the head unit checked if the noise is annoying.
Jomor, thanks! Yes, I'll get the dealer to look at it. Guess the best thing is to check a car in the shop to see if it's the same... Still, I don't think there should be this much noise, my old cheapo Clarion with Cerwin-Vega speakers was better! And it was much les than half the price of the Bose system... wink
Just to confirm, there is NO noise on my stereo between CD tracks. I had a CD on at volume 48 yesterday (v loud!!) and in the quiet bits and between tracks there is absolutely no hiss at all! I was expecting some at that volume but I could not hear a thing. I was also amazed at how good the sound was at that volume, no distortion at all!
AO Member
Although I don't have my 147 yet I recently demoed the car at a Car Supermaret as sound quality does mean a lot to me as I am a Quality Hi-Fi fan when it comes to home kit.

I took my own CD's and tried the CD player with the Bose Sound system and turned it up past 50 and heard no audible noies through the speakers between tracks or during quiet passages in the music.

So I would say some of you have a problem.
No noises on CD but terrible FM reception. Even in the London area I have trouble finding a station that isn't plagued by interference.

Wont be a problem after Aug though - once the footy season starts 5 live is all I'll need )
Ok, thanks guys, now at least I know there's obviously something wrong with my head unir or something, I'll get the dealer to fix it... wink Thnx!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

blaupunkt , bose , noise