Hello from Australia! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Hello from Australia!

Hi Everyone,

Just thought id say a quick hello, i recently bought a 147 selespeed and liking it so far. (except for the selespeed errors ive been getting...)
My car is black with tan momo interior and if you notice in the pics ive also trimmed up the door's because i thought the black cloth looked really cheap. I think the end result is quite good
Ive also put a set of H&R springs on it to loose the larrrrrge gap between tyre and wheel arch.

Excuse the poor quality pics, im still trying to get a good digi camera sorted

Well enough from me, hope to add something worthwhile into this forum,

Sponsored Links
Welcome to the site Anthony.

Looks like our Australian contingent is growing by the day. To my count we have 3 members from Melbourne, 5 from Sydney, and 1 from Canberra.

You can see my website for pics of the other member cars.

Great to see the car with Tan leather, although I am still not sure whether you manipulated the original pic to make the original door trim (grey/black velour), or you actually got someone to make up a leather set to match the seats.

I am also interested in the springs you have fitted. I only knew of Eibach as being the recommended springs for 147/156. I should be getting my springs fitted this week.

Are the H&R springs specifically designed for the 147 or are they Generic 156 springs? How have you found the ride quality? I would imagine I would experience a bit rougher ride as the Pirelli's my 17" alloys won't absorb the bumps as well as yours.

Anyhow, great to talk to you and send me an email at ss200@msn.com if you'd like.

Hi Stef,I wasn't aware there was an official recommendation for springs? Mine were sourched from Germnay,Novetec

and hello to yet another Aussie!
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 1561
County: -

Member car:

busso powered

Hi Tasty,

Welcome to this forum. I must say I love your door trims, Iím almost jealous!

Mmmmm, door trims...tasty Tasty!
AO Silver Member
Wow those door trims are truely fantastic and classy!!! Where did you get them from... is this an aussy alfa romeo extra????
I always thought that was the only thing the interior was missing.... Your car is just like mine in colour & interior... its nice to see how nice it could have been!!!!!
Hey Guys,

First off, the H&R springs are 147 specific and the ride quality is excellent, although i do think that the shock absorbers are the problem. I find the car bottoms out a lot and the standard shocks have poor rebound control, im serioulsy considering putting some Koni's or bilsteins on it, we shall see what the bank account says
For the door trims, i can take a close up shot for you guys, i got it done through my Alfa dealer but its not an original Alfa option. Apparently the trimmer the dealer works with ordered the exact leather from Italy, so i had to wait 2 weeks for it... But i think the end result is fantastic.

Maybe a Sydney 147 drive day would be nice??

AO Member
County: Australian Capital Territory

Member car:

RS Clio 197

welcome to the club...Those door trims do look good.
AO Member
Hi Anthony and welcome. Indeed those trims do look good, bit dark on those pictures though. Can't wait to see some better pictures.

I assume any UK readers will be now trying to find out hwo they can get this done for their cars. If anyone finds out, please post a message cause this really does finish off the interior beautifully. Helps to lighten the interior a little more.

Wonder if you can that ridged effect from the 156 GTA. That would look damn cool.
AO Silver Member
County: North Sealand-
G’day, Aussie mates.
I’ve just spent an extended holiday down under and was – as an old Alfisti – happy to see the number of new Alfas in especially Sydney and Melbourne. A fellow, with a Bertone GTV prepared for classic racing on at trailer, I met told me, that Alfa had not had any representation from the late 80’ties until the 156 was lanced a few years back; good to see Alfa doing well that far away.
In Sydney we stayed at the Sydney Boulevard Hotel, which is next to a Masarati and a Ferrari dealer . In spite of this, I managed to see a lot of the city – great town. In Melbourne we stayed off Lycon St. – with lots of great Italian restaurants. wink
I’m surprised to learn that the 147s with the Mono leather option have cloth inset on the door trims. I’ve got a 156 with the Mono option and it’s got door trim with leather insets.
Next time down under I got to find someone who rents Alfas; the Holden Calais we rented was all right, but not an Alfa.
Alfisti regards

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT