147 Boot - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
147 Boot

Hi, I have just taken ownership of my 147 16TS progressive. I am over the moon and enjoying the car immensely. I have one gripe however being that the boot will mostly not release remotely (key nor dashboard switch). It does on occasion release. My local dealer in South Africa assures me that it is a flaw in the 16TS model and that I will have to open the tailgate by key for the live of my car. Is this correct? Any advise
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: -

Member car:

75 LE

That sounds like he's fobbing you off. Don't stand for it. Get him to sort it.

BTW. How is power supplied to the boot lid for washwipe etc.?
Louis, I picked up my 147 1.6 Lusso (same as progressive?) last week, and I too am very happy with it [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] . My boot works fine remotely from the key and the button on the dashboard, in fact I haven't even tried the actual key yet.

You have paid for a car with remote central locking, you should get what you paid for.

Hi L, at the moment we are changing a few solenoids on 156 boots and the 147 works in the same way, they suffer from weak solenoids and if your dealer replaces the solenoid it will work fine. The easy way to test is by working the remote with the boot undone and watching the solenoid operate, if you can stop the action of the solenoid with your finger it is weak and needs replacing.
Thank you for the advice. I am sure that the solenoid is the problem as the indicator lights flash twice every time the the remote button is pushed - the boot however does not open. I will try the "finger on the solenoid" test this afternoon and the go and see the local dealer.

Happy motoring!
Louis [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
AO Member
County: Australian Capital Territory

Member car:

RS Clio 197

Hi I have a twin spark 2.0 147, and I have had problems with my remote control on the boot. It just stopped working on the remote, but was still fine from the dash. All lights would flash, but nothing would happen. Then a week later, it just started working again and still is. Fingers crossed that it continues. Still, don't be fobbed off by the dealer.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , boot