Camber adjustment kits? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 21-08-08 Thread Starter
County: Buckinghamshire

Member car:

Alfa 147

Camber adjustment kits?

Just got back from having new tires fitted on my 147 and was told, while they checked wheel alignment, that the left hand camber is well over the required ratio (which explains why the inside edge of the old tires were completely worn). They suggested a camber adjustment kit might be my best option and that I join a forum to see if anyone can advise on this?
Hope to hear from you
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: -

Member car:

156 GTA

Re: Camber adjustment kits?

Front camber or rear?

Rear camber is adjustable by elongating some bolt holes, by somebody who knows what they are doing - but I imagine your issue was to do with the front axle.

Front camber isn't directly adjustable at all due to the double wishbone layout, assuming your car is on standard suspension.

What were the measured readings? and was the technician familiar with your cars exact geometry specifications.
e.g. Alfas generally run with slightly more negative camber than other cars to give better cornering, at the expense of some tyre wear.

Another tip is that you can reduce the front toe-out settings to close to parallel, to hugely reduce tyre wear at the slight expense of speed of turn-in from a handling viewpoint.

I'm not a doctor - but I really do recommend braking later

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

adjustment , camber , kits