disapearing city mode? NUMAN please help!!!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
disapearing city mode? NUMAN please help!!!!

Hi to all again from Bucharest Romania. Look this is weird my city mode on my 147selespeed will go off by itself without doing anything at around 30 minutes from engaging and then more often it would last for 10 minutes or so....I keep getting regular selespeed system failure messages plus vdc failure but the dealer here would not get any errors and at all times the system works fine has anyone experianced this? plus I KEEP GETTING THE FOLLOWING HUMIDITY IN DIESEL FILTER !!!!! BUT THE CAR IN NOT DIESEL!!! What I should do!!! The car also stalled 2-3 times in the morning with cold temperatures of 1c and I got the S.S.F message please someone suggest something!!!
Sponsored Links
minoru tanaka
this is my very first time post and i'm quite new to 147, only 1 week with only 250km, but really happy to drive it.
2 warning messages for about 2 seconds, i experienced more than 5 times already:
-humidity in diesel filter
-error glow plug
also city mode goes off many times when i stop at stop light.
don't worry, you can drive with sele, much more fun.
this is a known bug recently, i heard from the dealer and i just wait the part to come.

how often do you guys wash the car?
AO Silver Member

Member car:

147 1.6lt

Hi Minoru,
welcome to Alfa's world. Its nice to see a Japanese guy buying an Italian car. Enjoy!

PS: I drove a Honda S2000 on weekend. What a FAST car!
I would like that engine in my Alfa

Konichiwa Minoru and hello to you from down under,
welcome to Alfaowner forum.Well, I dunno about the City mode going off periodically when car is idle or as how it's being described as I never actually use it at all...oh well, only twice but Selespeed drive has been a faithful option of ease ever since I got my 147.

Washing the baby? oh well, I know it seems crazy, but I do try to make a twice a week effort to clean it; especially the alloy rims and the inner bits as it does collect grime easily BUT it sure as hell look a million bucks when its all cleaned up,gleaming with Italian muscular lines and that definite badge and grille under the Autumn sun!!

Hope the problems with the City mode complications get resolved soon for you guys....

cheers all! [img]smilies/cwm29.gif[/img]
Hi guys and welcome, the problems you are having are due to a steering sensor in the indicator switch assembly. Dealers are being informed of this right now in the UK, check out "nonsense errors".
AO Member
Re: disapearing city mode? NUMAN please help!!!!

Searching the site I found this old thread. This is exactly the same problem that I have been experiencing. I posted a thread a couple of weeks ago concerning it.

Would just like to ask Numan if his last reply in this thread, relating to the steering sensor in the indicator switch, is accurate. I have exactly the same problems with my Selespeed dropping out of city mode for no reason and also the 'humidity in diesel filter' error cropping up occasionally.

My car is booked in at the garage for Friday when they are going to replace the actuator solenoid (part of a recall apparently). They could not diagnose the problem above when I took the car in two weeks ago and, instead, blamed this recall part. If Numan's 'steering sensor' explanation is good I would like to tell the garage to replace it.

Numan, if you're out there would be really appreciatied if you could give me your updated opinion.

AO Member

Bumping this for a response.

Does anyone know the outcome of this original thread? Was there a recall on a steering sensor that should have been sorted on all 147s manufactured at a specific time? Mine is a 2002 also but the mechanics don't seem to be aware of this seemingly 'known' problem.

If out of warranty will I have to pay for part and labour to get this fixed?

AO Platinum Member
County: herts

Sounds all computer, programming, chips stuff to me. Enter the electronic fantasy maze. Sure someone has been there, we hope! Good Luck.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

city , disapearing , mode , numan