Wrong color choice? (Plat Grey) - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Wrong color choice? (Plat Grey)

Hi Guys and Girls,

I just ordered my 147 2.0 Lusso Manual. I decided on Platinum Grey with Black Leather.

Did I choose the wrong colour? I'm tearing my hair out!! HELP! I may still be able to change it so be quick!

Sponsored Links

Having owned a 147 selespeed for a year now, the only colour I considered was alfa red.
A choice i'm not disappointed in.
This is a special car.
A real head turner.
I love my sterling grey 1,6 with black leather. I was never in doubt what to choose.

Bein a designer myself, st. grey is the color that compliments the design best. It changes color slightly according to light. The black leather (in fact its dark grey) looks fantastic - and its practical. This color makes the design stand even more out.

Besides, its a classic combination that will ensure good seconhand value.
Sorry to confuse even more, liebling. But most 147 owners are emotionally attached to their choice of color - if its black, red or silver. Therefore, color is a personal choice and you should trust your own preferences.

Stop worrying and trust your own gut-feeling, not everyone elses!!

Any colour but Sterling Grey - its so common/popular you may as well have bought a Ford Focus.
AO Silver Member
I must admit i agree with charlie... its such a common colour!!! It'll look sexy no matter what colour!!!

Of course I am biased, BUT, IMHO, I would replace the word common with the word POPULAR, and of course as we all know POPULAR i.e. the peoples choice, means a better chance of a higher resale value as more potential buyers will opt for the popular colours.
Having said that, colour choice is personal and resale value did not enter the equation when I chose my Sterling Silver 147. I just liked the overall co-ordinated look, and apparentlly so do a lot of other people.
So, it is what you, the owner,likes that is important, and as long as you have seen the Platinum Grey on the car when you chose the colour, I would not worry if I was in your position.
You will love the car whatever colour it is, whether you are driving it or cleaning and polishing it, with it's subtle curves and seductive lines, and the way the colours give a different impression depending on the light,I am sure you will get years of pleasure from it.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

choice , color , grey , plat , wrong