Finally, She's here and she's amazing...... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Jay Nine
Finally, She's here and she's amazing......

Well the 147 is finally here and in my garage.

The dealer had her outside in the sun (yesterdays weather was ok) with a reveal cloth over her and she looked the business.

The wheels are particularly nice, the red leather looks the part with the Africa Grey, and the whole thing is just gorgeous. Build quality, with 2 tiny niggles, is excellent.

Its a lot nicer to drive and a lot better than the red demo. In fact you would be hard pressed to think they came out of the same factory.

the sun roof mechanism is the best I have ever seen in a car, even mercs and beemers do not have that many settings to a sun roof!

The Connect Nav+ and Bose sysetm are opposition crushing on a scale I can barely compare. Even the S-Class Mercs and the latest BMW 7 have not got such a simple and effective system. The voice recognition system is first rate.

Bust most of all, it just looks - well, exquisite.
Sponsored Links
Great news Jay Nine
I told you all would be sweetness and light once your baby arrived, just watch the kerbs with those lovely wheels.
I hate to ask, but what are your " 2 tiny niggles"?
Ken [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Got to admit Jay, love the Africa grey, but still not sure about the red leather. Each to their own I suppose, some don't like my Inca Blue (are you completely mad you loons?). Anyway, diversity is the spice of life, so enjoy her for a few months, then get the Autodelta catalogue out for further enjoyment enhancement (like I am about to do).

Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 1561
County: -

Member car:

busso powered

Congratulations Jay Nine,

If you like your lovely 147 (really nice specs!) to be added to my site, mail three pictures to</A> .

at last Jaynine!!

"opposition crushing on a grand scale"

like it [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Congrats Jay,

Dead jealous. [img]smilies/cwm14.gif[/img]

.....but only for another 22 hours [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Damn You Simons147........I ordered Inca Blue (with red leather) but they stopped this colour option for Australian 147's. I think its the best colour they have!!!!!
AO Silver Member
What do the alfa multispokes look like J9??? Are they the white ones??? If so, you def have to send me some photos.... if not... I'll come and take some myselft (with your permission ofcourse!!!!)
AO Silver Member
County: Kobenhavn

Member car:

156 GTA SW

Couldn't be happier on your behalf. Enjoy the thrills of a new car. Make sure you overdo it, because in time, everything fades.

One ****ed old sod, with no hair on his bloody Danish scalp.

Yours Sincerely

Oh. By the way. I have owned my 156 Selespeed for nearly a year now, and every time and again I still turn around a second time to get a glimpse of it before I leave it. So...Enjoy.
AO Gold Member
County: Bedfordshire

Member car:

2007 Ford Focus!

I can confirm that it looked even better in the metal,as we followed Jay yesterday to the AutoItalia show,although I`m not sure Jays new baby appreciated all that mud and water! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Jay Nine
The two tiny niggles were - where the sunroof inner trim joins half way at the back a vicious staple you could rip your hand on sticks through the material.

The second was a tiny little pimple of paint on the tailgate lid. the third....was a missing plastic button on the back carpet side of the rear seat.

The wheels are the multispoked variety, but NOT white in the 147 accesories brochure. I wanted wheels from the 166 which the dealer was so adamant about they even ordered them in and only found they didnt fit after trying to get them on the car. hence the proper ones for 147!

Still got the FREE cd 10 stack to be fitted yet as compensation, plus the selespeed gaiter in red leather.

The exhaust trim is fabulous buy the way, looks cool!

Finally, thank you all for your kind words.
I tried to post a picture but it wont work for some reason.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

amazing , finally