Car alarm - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Car alarm

What would be the best car alarm system in the market for the 147? At a moment, Iím thinking of Defa, but any recommendations? Btw, has 147 got a CAN-bus? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Don't they all come with alarm / immob / tilt sensor etc??
AO Silver Member
County: Kobenhavn

Member car:

156 GTA SW

Nah. Depends on your whereabouts. I think the alarm is optional in Denmark. Anyway, if youre of Norwegian origin go for the DEFA, U would be predispositioned. I myself belive in the Ungo alarm, now owned by clarion. A very versatile system with almost indefinate possibilties in add-on modules.

Hoygaard [img]smilies/cwm2.gif[/img]
Hi . . .

re Alarm for the 147, once you're on the subject, I would like to ask, if there is any alarm model specifically designed for the 147. i.e. that has some sort of plug in connection that integrates to the cars electronics, such as a factory accessory or similar.

BTW: I do believe that 147 come equipped with Alarms as standard depending on Market. Here in Malta initial models (like my own) came without, but recent models come with a factory alarm as standard

Hi AJH, good to see you on here.
My UK 147 had the alarm as standard but there will be a direct connection into the cars wiring for alarms to be added. I am not sure about the alarms which are available in your neck of the woods, but my local Alfa agent recommends the META alarm. This may be available as an add-on from your Alfa dealer also. Best to check with them as regards warranty etc if someone else fits the alarm and causes damage to the electronics, which is very easy to do on the 147.
Yes the 147 has a CAN-bus, which is used to provide security for the vehicle and its ICE.
Ken [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Where's the best (cheapest) place to get an alarm fitted in the Helsinki/Espoo/Vantaa area?

Hello and thanks for the advice. Iím not 100% sure but I think here in Finland 147 donít come with alarm. Have to check that with my local dealer and ask there for assistance in choosing car alarm.

Siro Ė Iím sorry but I donít really know what place is the cheapest.

AO Silver Member

Member car:

147 1.6lt

I have META alarm on my 147, model M750, suggested and installed by the dealer, covered by Alfa warranty. No problems since now, no false alarms, very reliable.
It works with the car's remote control, it can even open the trunk (while armed) by temporarily disabling the radar sensors by pressing the trunk button on the remote.
AO Member

Member car:

145 & GT

Time for me to do my traditional advertising for Clifford. I'm a bit of a convert to their products but be warned they are generally not cheap. You'll also hear horror stories about bad reliability but in almost all cases that's down to the quality of the installation. I have a Clifford Avantguard 4 fitted in my 145 which has everything -tilt/motion sensor, dual proximity(which warns people off when looking into the car), dual immobolisation, it is integrated into the lights to bring them on automatically as well as being linked into the boot release. This alarm is even linked into the ignition so I can start it remotely.

It's been in the car now since the end of March and I've had no problems with it...but then again I did fit it myself [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
AO Member
I'm thinking installing the original car alarm for the ALFA147 from the dealer.
Does anybody has this alarm installed in his 147? Does it worth it to install the original one or is better to install another brand.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

alarm , car