Scratch - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 20-05-02 Thread Starter
AO Member

Hi guys,
Today it happened something to my car which made me really very ungry.
While I had it parked outside my work somebody, most propably a M**th*rF**K**r student made a scratch on the both doors in the passengers side. It's around 70cm.
I tried to clean it with a compound but it's still vissible. Then I took it to the dealer and said that both doors need to be painted.
I'm not worry about the money because my car is under insurance. What is worries me is if I paint it, is it going to be exactly the same as before or is it going to be visible?Ok maybe my question is stupid but it did not happen to me before.
And something else. If i decide to install an alarm in my car is it going to be able to warn my if anybody just touches it?

Thank u
Sponsored Links
Hi Simon, I feel sad for you man. if it is a good paintshop the difference will hardly be noticed, though my experience is you always see it, how is that with your insurance? I oarked me previuos car and sopmebody while I was working ran into it, I am completely insured but since I can not proof i didn't park my car without damage my monthly insurance fee has gone sky-high, *******s, insurances are mobsters. and I hope you will find the f*cker who messed up your car, it is soooooo disrespectful. I hope you get it nicely fixed.

(Post Link) post #3 of 6 Old 20-05-02 Thread Starter
AO Member
Hi Nerofuoco,
Thanks for you message. Unfortunatelly it will be very difficult for me to find who did it because they pass from my work everyday so many students. There is a high school very close to where I work. Anyway if I see anybody messing with my car I'll brake his legs.
My car is fully insured. I believe that they will accept to cover my car. My Insurance agent he's very nice guy friend of my father and I think it will be ok. Of course I don't know if they will cover the whole amount.
The last time when my previous car had a damage they covered it.
I believe this time its obvious that it's a case of a vantalism. My insurance covers that.
Anyway I'll know tomorrow for sure.
As for the paint job most propably I'm not taking the car to the dealer but to a paintshop that I know and are professionals. Cross fingers.

AO Silver Member
little *******s!!! Jealousy, thats what i call it!!! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

G [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
(Post Link) post #5 of 6 Old 22-05-02 Thread Starter
AO Member
Hi Guys,
Finally I decided to take my car for repair.
I'll take it tomorrow morning to the paintshop. They will paint both doors in the passengers side.
I hope everything will go as planned.
Wish me luck.

AO Silver Member

Member car:

147 1.6lt

I have a scratch at the drivers door on my 147. Some cissy did it the second day i parked the car outsite my home. His face needs to be scratched the same way.

Simon, scratches are not so strong to trigger any properly adjusted alarm but
the alarm will warn you if someone hits your car while parking, or even worse, tries to steal it.. I have Meta Alarm ( ) on my 147 and i am completely satisfied. Its designed for the specific model and it cooperates perfectly with it. I also added a Spyball ball sensor with a built-in microprocessor.

If you decide to install an alarm, ask your dealer about it, its better to be installed by someone who knows very well the complicated electrical system of your 147.
Sometimes dealers blame the alarm for electrical failures to avoid warranty payment.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT