156 Airbag light query - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 15-08-08 Thread Starter
Hmmm 156 Airbag light query

Hi I have read more threads on here about the stupid airbag light than I can count but I just have a quick question, I disconnected the speedo cluster to ease changing the dash lights and since then the airbag lights have been on, does taking out the speedo cluster cause a voltage drop which is seen by the airbag ecu as a fault? when the airbag warning light is on does this de-activate the airbags until the codes are reset? Also off topic but I had my ac re-gased by quick fit and they said that for some reason they could only get 75% of the coolant in after a complete removal? they said the machine didnt indicate any drop in pressure so no leaks but the ac only stayed cold for a couple of hours just wondering as i dont exactly need it in the UK this summer. Thanks guys in advance as there seems to be so much more expertise on here than at my local alfa dealer.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
Re: 156 Airbag light query

I had same thing with air bag light on after i shorted the cigar lighter.I know for a fact the air bag system is disconneted and needs a dealer to reset the light.That is the only way.The a/c I had mine filled with gas but would not cool.Took it back and he removed a tiny amount of freon .He said the system is highly sensitive and may have a shut off if too low or too full.
AO Gold Member
Re: 156 Airbag light query

airback warning light on ! NO AIRBAGS operational....
reset with examiner or alfadiag, but the crash sensor is very receptible for voltage drops and/or peaks and in most cases damaged beyond repair ! an new crash sensor costs around 200 euro.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , airbag , light , query