147 Selespeed v Stilo Abarth "selespeed" - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Jay Nine
147 Selespeed v Stilo Abarth "selespeed"

Drove into work this morning in the dealers red 147 having stupidly driven through the town end of my drive in auto mode and experienced the foot-down-go-nowhere-suddenly lurch forward into roundabout routine for the first time - quite exhilarating that eh?

Anyway what is a colleague driving to work in but a Fiat Fleet Demo Stilo Abarth with selespeed style paddles!

Lunch time off we went in a comparitive auto test! The stilo is weirdly attractive - this ones in black with all the kit and trim. Odd how the dash looks familiar, the materials look familliar, everything, seems oddly like a badly designed 147 prototype that was thrown out for lack of style.

it was faster, it changed gear equally as well (auto was as bad) but it was too much engine for too soft a ride and the seats were abysmal, too short in the squab for my meagre 5ft 11 and not generally comfortable.

Its quite a neat package, but its not worth the money, and the ride is too compromised and the handling all too squidgy for my taste. but from the outside I cannot help but like it. Its more like the Vel Satis concept than the Vel Satis production car (ABOMINATION), oddly daring.

My colleague agreed that the 147 was a much better package all round and its driving ability vastly superior, plus it had style, the Fiat just had well, weird appeal really.
Sponsored Links
Mike D
Saw my first Stilo yesterday at the Alfa/Fiat agents. Fortunately it was parked fairly close to a 147. To my mind there was really no competition - the 147 is a much better looking car. Not sure what model Stilo it was. Five door manual with 16V badge on the back. Peered through the window and the interior looked quite plain - sort of reminded me of a VW Golf and the seats looked terribly unsupportive.

I once read a review of an American sit-com. Went something like this: Typical American dross, no doubt it will be very popular.

I think this holds true for not just American sit-coms.

Mike [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
AO Silver Member
i agree the stilo is a nice looking car...exterior wise!! But thats as far as i'll go!
I just can't believe how the front styling looks so similar to a VW Passat/AudiA4/AudiA6.

It is really sad to see that Fiat just didn't go daring in the front styling as they did in the rear.

I have seen the 17" Abarth Alloys. They seem to be an angular version of the Alfa 17" SuperSport alloys.

I don't really car for anything on the Fiat, except for the extra power in the engine.

Quite like the Stilo 3 door exterior, bit bland on the interior. Leather seats and a manual 170bhp might be quite tasty with tuned suspension. Mr Blue Stilo near me is always giving my Inca Blue Sex Machine the once over, I never lower myself to such 147 penis envy.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , abarth , selespeed , stilo