147 vs kids and prams - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Gold Member

Member car:

Edna Mode!

Say hi to that customer......
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member

He didn't know you, so no hi back
AO Member
County: Australian Capital Territory

Member car:

RS Clio 197

A few things to bear in mind. Stuff fills the space available. The more space you have, the more junk you'll put in the car. We could go away with young children in a Mazda 121 bubble car with no problems, and before that, a 3 cylinder Daihatsu Charade.

So would an Alfa 147 be suitable for family? Yes, you don't really need a waggon or a people mover. But you may have to pack carefully when going on holidays.
mr hanky
Well I was all set to get a 200SX or something similarly impractical, but with the prospect of kiddies in mind got a 5dr 147 instead. So the day before Mrs Hanky & Baby Hanky are due out of hospital I drive home to fit the baby seat - and the 147 cr@ps itself. "Motor control system failure", power surges, general gutlessness and it looks like the harmonic balancer is stuffed somehow. So I still don't know how practical the thing is with a baby, and mightn't for quite a while till the bloody thing's fixed. Not happy!!!
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Sold :(

Not Happy Jan!
AO Gold Member
County: Bedfordshire

Member car:

2007 Ford Focus!

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Pete:
<strong>Get a Spider,zero boot space, that should put paid to it! &lt;IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"&gt;</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hmmmm,beginning to regret that statement,with a baby on the way!Anyone know how to fit a pram and a baby seat in a Spider?
Nicola Romeo
Been there done that youngest 16 oldest 22 hehe,
One of the benefits of getting older and having done the sh!tty nappies and puke is it's all over now It's great being a parent I wouldn't change that for anything. Being a grand parent (steady on I'm not 40 yet) is fantastic because you can give the kids back once you have spoilt them,covered them in chocolate and wound them up like a coil ahh revenge is sooo sweet
The thing is the baby seats fit in the 406 we have much easier than the 156 so if they are sick or anything I DON'T CARE the seats in the 406 need improving anyway.
AO Member
had a 156 with baby no1 went on hols to Italy, wasnt big enough, sold 156 and got a 147 with option of cd and Bose (takes up both sides of the boot)had to sell after 12 weeks, plus to cramped in the back baby used to kick the front seat.
Thought about 156 wagon but no more room than the saloon, so getting the wife a Mondeo and I awaiting the SPRINT.
AO Gold Member
County: -
When my daughter was sborn in 1990 I had an 1983 Alfetta GTV 2.0 (Hey! I've still got it ).
I put a towel on the back seet to protect the fabric and the had no serious problems. With a 147 you have literally more space than you know what to do with

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , kids , prams