Big Ron - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Big Ron

Going back a while, using Optimax came up and the general consensus was that while costing more than standard leaded the larger Ron value (or whatever the technical term is) does increase performance. Evo magazine last issue has a test and Honda Civic Type R seemed to like the stuff especially in the higher gears. Sainsburys, my local purveyor of choice for convenient re-fueling and collecting discount points 'does' I noticed this morning have another pump that I had barely noticed before - the super unleaded 97 Ron over the standard 95. Its only about 4p more per litre, so what with my 3p off a litre discount coupon, I should commence using this pump and my ECU (?) will adapt after a couple of tankfuls. Then I add some Millers Octane Plus and it goes even quicker right? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Optimax and Milers Octane plus is 99.3 Ron,and is also a decent Mon-similar to the old five star.(Ron isn't the only measure of fuel).

The Ecu will adapt after about 3 tankfuls but you may see a difference sooner.Its quite noticable unless you drive like your grandma.
Is that a yes to the pump labelled 'Super' then Dave?
What is the number for that Millers rep. you posted some time back - I can't find it.
Don't know about driving like a grandmother, but I drive my Alfa like a mutha - goodbye Mr Golf you bland if well constructed kitchen appliance.
Yeah. [img]smilies/krakrani.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/krakrani.gif[/img]
The engine was set to run on sul,which is higher ron in Europe than the UK,so yes,its a yes to the sul pump!

I'm not at home so haven't got the number,email me and i will reply with it when i get back
Founder of AO
County: Essex

Member car:

Maserati GTS

We are looking at selling some bottles on here, I have only today filled the car up and stuck a bottle in to see what happens!

Let you know, if I notice any difference!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

big , ron