WOW, i changed the speakers! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 09-05-02 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

147 1.6lt

WOW, i changed the speakers!

Finally i did it. I changed the front speakers (myself) of my 147. Wow! I didnt expect the factory stereo to produce so realistic sound! I installed the VIFA P13WH woofers and the VIFA D26 neodymium tweeters with the appropriate crossovers of course. (visit )
A trick is needed to remove the door handle screw cover without hurting it (my mechanic insisted that its impossible not to hurt it, he lost the bet). Second dificulty is to make an 20mm MDF baffle for the woofer (the factory woofer has a plastic adapter which keeps it in a distance from the window glass when its down). If anyone has changed (or is about to change) the speakers post a note.
Sponsored Links
Well done!

My Panel shop managed to totally f*#k up the door handle and its screw cover when they had to pull off the door trim.

They thought its gonna be only $5~$10 for a door handle....WRONG BABY! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

TRY A$550 (Approx 180 UK Pounds) for a whole new door trim, that they had to pay for!!!! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

My Alfa dealer told me later that, their mechanics just drill a hole into the cover to get access to the screw below. And to replace the cover is rather cheap (A$12).

Either way you have done a great job.

Well done.

AO Member
This is getting a little worrying now, my ex demo car had damage to the door handles as you describe, the dealer was supposed to replace them before I picked the car up but for one reason or another,the saleman who had it in hand left the company, it didn't happen. Took some time but they eventually got some cosmetic repair guy in to repai it but the paint he used won't adhere to the rubber finish so I've complained again and they've basically washed their hands of me and are giving me the runaround, they've obviously realised the cost of the parts....thing is on the parts cd I've got the panel is a fraction of that cost? I understand from the paint guy this is pretty common damage. Can anyone out there confirm the price of the parts?

Thing is these handles are obviously prone to damage due to the design of the screw cover, they are not part of the a one piece door moulding or anything so why haven't AR made these part available? What goes on the heads of these guys....lets really **** off owners.......
(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 10-05-02 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

147 1.6lt

I am not a car mechanic but it seems to me that most of car mechanics are used to work with their hands but not with their mind. I am very familiar with the screwdriver but i thought something more simple to remove that srcew cover. I sticked a large screw on the cover with thermo-glue, waited half an hour to get it cold and pulled it out!! Hahahaha... you sould see my mechanic when i told him!! I almost felt sorry for him.

My english is not so good, thermo-glue is a pistol managed glue that melts when it gets hot and feels like silicon, i dont know the english word for it. It sticks very well on plastics but it leaves no marks when you remove it.

If you manage to remove the screw cover this way, show it to your mechanic but dont tell him how you did it unless he pays you!!!
(dont you agree?)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

changed , speakers , wow