What Do You Like Most About 147? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Lee Davis
What Do You Like Most About 147?

Hi all

Ok, I have my 147! Sterling Grey 5 door. Picked it up Saturday and great so far. Just wondering what all those that have had theirs for a while like so much about their cars. I'm from a long line of Fiat's (Uno and 2 Puntos) so anything on this scale is a *big* change for me. I was sold on it as soon as I made the mistake of taking a test drive.

I love the looks; the Sterling Grey seems to change colour with the lighting; sometimes looks silver, other times quite grey and then I get tinges of blue (bear in mind I am one of the 10% male population colour blind)! And I thought the original Punto was sexy!

The feel is way beyond anything *I* have ever had. Maybe you guys are used to this level of luxury but I'm trying to put my feelings of guilt for the opulence behind me.

Drive wise - well she's great but I'm sure I need a while to 'settle in'. I think I'm still trying to drive it like the Punto.

So let me know; exactly what is it about the 147 you like most? What will you definately not give up when you eventually change your car (dare I even suggest it?)

P.S. I have noticed some rather nice looking Seats about the place lately; no coincidence I gather :-)

P.P.S Does anyone have a wobbly driver wing mirror? Mine seems to wobble during motorway driving; passenger side is steady as a rock.
Sponsored Links
Change the car? Bite your tongue man.
If I don't bow to the pressure of 147GTA, I can see this car staying in the family for a while.

Being my first Alfa, I can rest easy at night that as long as they produce cars with the flair of the 147, they have me as a life long customer. My relationship with the local Alfa dealer & Service Manager has really swang me towards Alfa too. They have been great so far.

But to answer your question, having been a manual driver all my life, I can honestly say that I will never go away from the Selespeed system.

Apart from design and styling, the selespeed system has to be the best thing about the 147!

The looks, the sound, the drive, the selespeed system, everything. oooh. 23 degrees and sunny today, I'm off to drive my baby all around town!

[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
For me, its the Selespeed that makes the difference. Yeah it goes better, handles better, looks better and has more gadgets than any other car in its class for the price but the selespeed makes it unique. How many other manufacturers have produced a semi-automatic paddle shift gearbox that works so well and is so easy to use (except Aston Martin and Ferrari)? It just makes driving the car a doddle! Just drive an Audi A3 or BMW Compact to see what makes the 147 unique! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/cwm29.gif[/img] [img]smilies/cwm29.gif[/img]
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 1561
County: -

Member car:

busso powered

You took the words right out of my mouth. Can't add anything to your comment.

AO Silver Member
Comfort, sound (even from the 1.6!!), handling.. & pure sex appeal!!!

Need i say more!!

Oh and the BOSE system!!! mmm!! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
mr hanky
How about the pleasure of just looking at the thing when the garage door opens? Or the anticipation of driving off in it, even if it's just down to the shops?
AO Member
County: Australian Capital Territory

Member car:

RS Clio 197

An interesting question. There are so many things, like all the clever design details like those gorgeous door handles. The tactile finish of the interior. The sound of the engine. The sharp steering. The constant communication between the car and driver when you are driving. The car just makes you smile...

And its an Alfa Romeo with all the heritage behind the name. And its a modern Alfa Romeo that is well built with quality materials, something that can't said of previous models, no matter how well they drove.

For me, the 147 is Alfa Romeo reading my mind about what I want in a car and then building it.
147 Progressive
the cup holders definitely! nah kidding, the navigation system is very useful, looks good too...i like the blood red dials at night...
AO Gold Member

Member car:

Edna Mode!

What I like most about my Alfa?

I like the design. To me it's the most beautiful compact car from the outside and from the inside. Some things aren't that practical (electric window switches on the drivers side....I have long arms!), but no car is perfect.

And I definitely love driving in the dark with the beautiful red lit dashboard shining to me! I really really love this. It gives me such a warm feeling, like I'm at home (well I'm a lot on the roads, so my Bella is my second home in fact!). It's a thousand times better than the blue lit dashboard I used to have with my previous Golf.

Mel [img]smilies/krakrani.gif[/img] [img]smilies/krakrani.gif[/img] [img]smilies/krakrani.gif[/img]

I don't need no one to tell me about heaven, I look at my son and daughter and I believe.

Quote of the month: "Extremist ideas bring NON-tolerance as a result, because people having their face stuck up so deep in their Ar5e that they can't smell nor are interested in other's 5hit!"
AO Silver Member
County: Warwickshire
Very tough to cut it down to one thing but what I like most about my 147 is the way it rides and handles best when you're really pressing on.
Nearly said the hook in the boot for your shopping bags but in the end, the handling wins.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

147 1.6lt

The design, the handling.. but most of all the feeling i got the first time i got in it.
That the car was designed and made just for me!!

I have the sense that the designer had for inspiration the driver's pleasure and not the standard marketing rules.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT