New Here + couple of problems - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
New Here + couple of problems

I am new here, though I have been reading the forum for a while.

I received my 147 (Inca Blue 2.0 TS Manual) at the end of January (what an amazing car [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]). I have, like so many others, some problems though. Some of which have already been covered here (light failure warnings, ABS/VDC failures). I do have a couple of others that havent though so am wondering if anyone has any ideas?

* Odometer display sometimes flashes while moving along [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img]
* Occasionally I get an 'Immobilizer Failure' when trying to start the car [img]smilies/zball.gif[/img]

All 'faults' go away when turning the ignition off and on again (as seems to be the case with a lot of things). The dealer cannot find anything wrong so far, the car is going back in on Saturday.

Any Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
I think i remember Numan saying the odometer flashing is a fault that even has its own techy name on an Alfa memo,which i can't remeber! But it can be sorted,unless I'm thinking of something else!

I think I can be of some help with this one.
I have had exactly the same thing happen to me, and the problem of the flashing odometer is now fixed.

So the problem surfaced when I got my dealer to take the door trim off to tie up some wires that were causing rattles. In the process of this work, the mechanics had unplugged the electric window switch to get the door trim off. Once they reconnected it, they did not reset the body computer to realign the electronic system.

The odometer was flashing intermittantly over the next 2 weeks.

I took the car back, and it took them 3 minutes to reset the body computer. That was 6 months ago, and I have had no problems since.

Thanks for that stef, I am beginning to think most of the problems I have are down the 'body computer'. I wonder whether the immobilizer failure is also linked (thankfully this failure has left me stranded (so far at least!)).

Still doesnt stop me enjoyed the drive of the car and engine.
Snap. Identical car, identical problems!
I had a couple of the usual warning errors, VDC, rear lights etc etc and it turned out to be that pesky body computer. Replacement arrived but it was faulty. Second replacement arrived and since then, touch elephant hide look dashboard, its been ok fault free.
It will break down tomorrow now. [img]smilies/krakrani.gif[/img]

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

couple , problems