New Alfa 147 Selespeed - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
New Alfa 147 Selespeed

I'm new to this board. I just got my Alfa 147 Selespeed (silver) with Momo black leather seats on Tuesday (imported through, excellent service & price) and it is an absolute beauty [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I've topped up the 2y warranty to 3y by calling the Alfa Romeo customer service in the UK for 279.00 (incl. VAT).
note: the dealer wanted 500.00 ...

It really rocks!

Now for the not so good part although I'm not too worried about it because I read this forum before ordering the car so I was fully aware of the small gremlins [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] anyway here is the list of ennoyances I had so far after 100 miles:
1) VDC System Failure (after just 22 miles)
2) Error Glow Plug
3) Humidity in Diesel
4) Selespeed System Failure

note: my car got out of the factory in Italy mid-february.

2) & 3) just appear for a fraction of second.
4) appears for 2/3 seconds and goes away.

I must admit that I smiled inside when I got my 1st VDC System Failure [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I was so expecting it after reading all the comments in this forum.

I went to the dealer to book the car for a fix and the guy was so aware of these pbms [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] It did not even question anything.
Although when I mentionned a new switch for the VDC System Failure he said it was only an adjustment.
What is it exactly? A new one or just an adjustment?

Anyway, it's just too good a car to ruin my day [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] The Selespeed is just great!

Have a good day all.
Sponsored Links
Hi Fred,

Good to hear that you can keep your sense of humour under the circumstances.

I think we share quite a lot of the specs in our cars (mine is 5 door Selespeed Sterling Grey & Black sports leather, Sunrrof and 17" Supersport Alloys).

I have had to have my brake switch adjusted twice for the SS&VDC failure. The operation is quite simple for the mechanics and should only take about 5~10 minutes.

I was interested to read tha you also have seen:
2) Error Glow Plug
3) Humidity in Diesel

Quite surprising since by your description, you have a 2.0 litre Selespeed 147!

Hi Fred
I got the VDC/ABS problem and took it my dealer he told me it needed a new type of switch. (May already have been updated on your more recent car). The switch was fitted (which of course also involves adjustment and I have not had any problems since.
BUT - what I did notice while I waited the 2 weeks for the dealer to get the new switch was that the errors were happening less and less frequently. I have a theory that the switchis factory adjusted so that after the brakes have bedded in properly the switch will be in the right position to not cause an error. If it is adjusted immediately after you get the car it may well need further adjustment as the brakes wear. Just a theory and I am not saying this is a good practise from Alfa (cos I think it is not), but it may explain my experiences.
Glad to hear you picked the silver with black leather, a good choice no matter what anybody else says on here.
BTW everybody, do you know whether the Alfa Red paint fades in a few years as most other red cars do!! Touche!! [img]smilies/krakrani.gif[/img] [img]smilies/krakrani.gif[/img] [img]smilies/krakrani.gif[/img]
Yup, the Alfa red fades badly, at least on my pink 155 it has. Wont T-cut either [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Bad news is that apparantly grey is one of the worst for fading (greyer than grey??)and isnt a particlulary popular colour any more [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Still, it wont be pink!!

AO Gold Member
County: Bedfordshire

Member car:

2007 Ford Focus!

There were lots of "Alfa Pink2 cars at Gaydon.Think I`ll start saving for the respray now! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Just like to point out that I too have a Sterling grey Selespeed with black leather ant it looks the dogs!! Not sure if some people are aware that Sterling Grey is in fact metallic silver to most peoples eyes (including mine) so I am not quite sure how this can fade!
I do not want to tempt fate hear (I am touching lots of wood) but I think I can claim to be the only 147 driver who had NOT had a VDC error yet!!! OK I have only done 1000 miles so theres plenty of time but the only error I have seen is the 3 second Selespeed error! As far as I am concerned the built quality of this car is 10 times better than my old MGF (not saying much I know!).
Anyway enjoy your car, as I think you have already discovered it a beaut and a beast if you want it to be!!! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , alfa , selespeed