Tripmeter Problem - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tripmeter Problem

Previously on Alfisti temp forum.
Anyhow, can any 147 owners confirm if they see a discrepency in measuring distance between the tripmeter (which is zero'ed by the "km" button), and the "TRIPMETER A" which can be seen on the middle display panel?

I am seeing quite a discrepency (approx 2km difference for every 100km travelled) and it is a bit of a concern. My vehicle has the 17" Alloys fitted, and I am wondering if that has anything to with this problem.

Sponsored Links
In reply to the topic I imported from on Stefs behalf.
As stated in a previous answer on the temp forum, I did a 100 mile check (I have 17" SuperSport wheels) and found the computer and tripmeter to be totally accurate.
I have now completed a 500 mile check and there is still no discrepancy. Not even ).1 of mile. In fact nowhere near 0.1 of a mile as the digits are still changing within a second of each other, even when I am travelling slowly. So I think there must be a problem with your computer somewhere Stef.
Thanks Ken.

I spoke to my Service Manager and he was quite surprised. He will be checking the computer when I take the car in next week to have the Remus Exhaust and the Eibach Springs fitted.

I am hoping that if a computer reset is required, IT doesn't affect anything else.

Will keep all updated.

AO Member
County: Australian Capital Territory

Member car:

RS Clio 197

when I first checked there was a consistent .6km difference. This time, after over a 100kms of travel, the two are tracking together. Go figure...
Has anybody tried reversing for a Km or 2 to see if they are both in sync while going backwards??
My drive is not long enough to do thaty!!
Ken [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Jay Nine
This is probably ******** on an Alfa but a lot of cars have to be set through their computer and told they have larger wheels on. One of my brands is notoriuous for this. If at PDI the computer is not set for the correct size wheels it can even have an effect on the gearchanges.

Just a thought.
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 1561
County: -

Member car:

busso powered

Just checked my tripmeters. Every 100 km on the tripmeter equals to 99.7 km on the boardcomputer.

BTW my 147 has standard sized wheels (16")

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

problem , tripmeter