Blaupunkt Compact Drive MP3 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 01-05-02 Thread Starter
AO Gold Member

Member car:

Edna Mode!

Blaupunkt Compact Drive MP3

Hi all,

It's been a while I posted a subject, so here it goes.

I'm very interested in playing MP3's in my Alfa 147. Sadly I don't have the Connect Nav stuff, so this is no option for me.

Recently I surfed to the website of Blaupunkt and read about this remarkeble small MP3 "Hard disk", called Blaupunkt Compact Drive MP3. I'm very interested in getting information about this MP3-gadget. I was also wondering if people have actually got this MP3-player built in their Alfa 147.

Over here in Holland the MP3-player is not available yet (at least, I haven't seen it in stores!). Can anyone tell me something more about this? The info on the web-site isn't that much, so I hope someone can tell me more!

[img]smilies/cwm29.gif[/img] Mel [img]smilies/cwm29.gif[/img]

I don't need no one to tell me about heaven, I look at my son and daughter and I believe.

Quote of the month: "Extremist ideas bring NON-tolerance as a result, because people having their face stuck up so deep in their Ar5e that they can't smell nor are interested in other's 5hit!"
Sponsored Links
Read this thread, it might be useful.

Forgot to say, KGB147 has a boot mounted MP3 hard drive so I am sure he can advise you. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Hi Mel.
I have looked into this MP3 drive and here is the info.
It uses a 1Gig IBM micro-drive, it will be priced at aroun 400 and is not available in the UK yet. It looks a very neat system but is expensive and will only hold 1 gig of info (approx 15 audio CD's) so there is no great gain over a CD changer in the boot. It was becuase of this that I decided to go for the Mstation MP3 hard drive. Half the price and 10gig capacity (approx 150 audio CD's. It does not fully integrate and has it's own control unit. I use it with an FM modulator and it works fine.
Ken [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

blaupunkt , compact , drive , mp3