Cracks / Hacks - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Cracks / Hacks

A friend of mine has a Golf IV GTi and he was telling me how he got cracks / hacks so that his onboard computer can show him thing like the true speed (not average speed)at which he is traveling. He found a site which told him something like press button a on the radio while doing this and that.

Does anyone know of such things for the 147 Selespeed?
Sponsored Links
Hello Jongi,
A Golf probably would do something like that as something has to provide the entertainment in a VW. Unless you are in a traffic jam, switch the radio off. If an Alfa driver wants to know his actual speed he looks at the speedo. An Alfisti justs listens to the revs! [img]smilies/krakrani.gif[/img]
Quite right. There's nothing like listening to the engine of the Selespeed as you drive along. Beautiful car that's all i can say.
AO Member

Member car:

Round at my mates last night, his wife has just got a New Bora. On collecting the car his wife said oh it's got 65 miles on the clock. The guy quickly said that easily sorted. Pushing a button on the radio and reving the engine quite hard reset the clock to zero.

This was not the trip, the guy said it could only be done once. My friends wife couldn't remember what button he pressed. Typical

I recon this is so doggy dealers can clock up miles then say there selling you a new car.

Mr T
Hi T,

I know the digital mileometer is not set until the car is for sale at the dealer. There is a similar sequence for setting as you mentioned for the Bora this is so mileage done in transportaion e.g import from carrier ships doesn't register it's the same for all new imported vehicles so none have actually done the mileage shown! However what you suggested regarding the dealers using them wouldn't surprise me.

I know of a salesman for mercedes recently who took one of the showroom 300's to the local shops and stuffed it into a car in front! Then panicked and darted around the body shop they use!! Suffice to say the bonus went through the window that month. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

cracks , hacks